First up was Vivienne Westwood Red Label. She had both blue and red versions of this look and I chose to do the blue! Obviously, the original look is far too severe to wear out at night no matter what your occasion. The colors are still intense in my look, but I tried to make it a little more real so it could be worn out someplace.
Here's the look:
|Runway image courtesy of Elle.com / Matteo Volta|
- I started out with a blue cream base along my upper lash line using NYX's jumbo eye pencil in 'Cobalt'.
- Next, I blended that up the lid with a matte blue eyeshadow. I used two blue colors from BH Cosmetic's Party Girl Palette and the color 'Chaos' from the Urban Decay Vice Palette.
- Line your eyes with a ginormous wing and end the line towards the middle of your lashline. I used Maybelline's Eye Studio gel liner in black.
- Now the runway version had a black line underneath the model's eye and I thought that was a bit too harsh so I just ran a metallic silver shadow across the bottom lashline. I used Urban Decay's 'Pistol'.
- Next use your favorite mascara (mine is Maybelline Mega Plush) and coat your top and bottom lashes. I also ran through Maybelline's Great Lash mascara in 'Blink of Blue' for some added pizazz!
- Fill in your brows! The runway look featured a very strong brow so I filled in my entire brow with Urban Decay's 'Secret Service' when I usually only use that for the arch to tip.
- Pat on orange lipstick (as opposed to putting it on regularly, we only need a light lip!) like the one I used, Maybelline's Vivid lipstick in 'Electric Orange'.
- I added a lip gloss, Stila's 'holly' overtop the lipstick. You can skip this step, especially if you don't have an orange-toned gloss! I wish the gloss had been more orange to keep with the original inspiration, but it does it's job.
Can't wait to share with y'all the rest of my ideas for this series!