Sunday, April 21, 2013

MY LIFE AS OF LATE #01

Hi everybody! I know that this is a beauty blog but it's also a lifestyle blog! I wanted to post a little bit about what's going on in my life just 'cause I wanted to post today but didn't have any makeup posts prepared and I am far too exhausted from working all day to do anything right now.

So. How's it goin'? I haven't done one of these yet so I guess I can kind of start with where I am in a nutshell. I'm home from school at community college for the semester. My first school wasn't the right fit for me so I'm home real quick before I transfer to my perfect school in the fall! My family is in the process of moving homes so I will be about 20 minutes from where I have lived for the past 16 years which is absolutely terrifying because I'm a huge homebody! Oh well. I'm almost twenty. I'll live.

Being home has led to me being more cost-concious, being at community college and all so I have been looking for a job for months. Seriously MONTHS. Since early December! I finally got hired at Victoria's Secret a few weeks ago and things have been going phenomenally. I really love my job overall and I love the people I work for and with! Even better, I've actually been getting scheduled a lot which I wasn't at my previous job (which is why I left) so I'm super excited to actually start making a noticeable amount of money. It's pretty exhausting being on your feet for seven hours in my stupid, uncomfortable Steve Madden flats but it's totally worth it. I have been buying a SICKENING amount of things, too.. Oops. But I love Victoria's Secret!

Hmm.. what else is going on? As you know, I went to see Olly Murs the other night up in Maryland which was so, so much fun. I went with a good friend who I hadn't seen in years and we were back at it without missing a beat! I don't know how it took us that long to get back together but now I'm certain I won't let it happen again. I love her too much! I will be going to see my favorite band, Paramore, in a little under a month and I'm probably going to faint. I haven't seen them since I was a sophomore in high school so it's going to be super cool to see them now that I'm a bit matured and especially since they now have a different sound to their songs. I'm finally able to get back into my concert-going phase that I left for a couple of years since the Spring and Summer and actually, Fall also, are so heavily toured.

That's about all I'm into right now! I'm just working hard at school and work and not having too much of a social life which is 100% okay with me at my current place in my life. I'm really excited to start over again, join a sorority, make new friends and just have a new city to explore come the Fall but for now I'm just taking everything day-by-day. This Summer will be hectic as I will be taking more than a typical semester's worth of credits but I'm pretty stoked for that as well simply because I like to keep busy. Keeps my mind from wandering!

Hope you all are well and I love everybody who is reading this or just reading my blog in general <3

4 comments:

  1. I love reading these sort of 'my life' posts, not in a creepy way lol but in a way that you can understand and get to know a blogger more since their main topics are usually beauty/fashion (or foods, photos, etc). Congrats on your new hire! I'm in the process of finding a new job because my current job isn't giving me enough hours.

    I just switch schools too... it's sad that you feel like you have to start all over but in the end, it's worth it because I love this school so much more than my other one. I feel like I can actually go somewhere with my new school compared to my old one.

    Best of luck in your school, job and concerts! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm totally with you. I do too. But that lack of hours was the problem that I was having with my old job hence why I left mine, also! We are too alike, sister!

      Delete
  2. I love your blog! The tips and products you share are great! You seem to really know what you're doing. I just started a blog of my own and would love for you to check it out! http://faceitwithjen.blogspot.com/ Any advice you can give me would be much appreciated!
    PS FOLLOW BACK ON SHESAIDBEAUTY :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jennifer!! I try my best haha but I will definitely check your page out!

      Delete