Sunday, August 18, 2013

WHAT I LOVE ABOUT AUTUMN

Hi guys! Bit of a different post today. I know it may seem a bit early to be thinking about Fall but it seems as if Virginia has already jumped seasons as it's been really chilly the past week. I'm going to a concert tonight and the outfit that I plan to wear is a long sleeved shirt, a jacket and jeans! Definitely unprepared for such cool weather so quickly but since it's here I'm totally going to embrace it because Autumn is my FAVORITE season. Can't wait for October because that's my favorite month!

It may be because football picks back up or I get to start wearing scarves again.. or it could be that you can eat pumpkin everything and not be judged while rocking a deep, berry lip? It could be many things.

I'm going to put together a list of everything that I love about the Fall season! I would love to hear what you all love(or don't!) about the Fall.

First.. deep lips.

Photo from Marlin Note
Find me every night of the cooler season with a berry or dark red lip and not having any shame about it! My go-to color is Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 'Crush'. It's the perfect berry shade within my favorite product line. The perfect recipe for a favorite lip product! I could wear this every day from September-November and not have the slightest bit of shame about it. It's just a great and festive color that looks great on everybody!


Possibly a bit more.. normal? thing to love about this season is the leaves changing colors! I feel like I missed out on this last year because when I was in Oklahoma I remember looking out my dreary dorm window some October afternoon and noticing that the leaves were still this sad shade of grey-green. Went home for Thanksgiving the next month and when I came back the leaves were just all gone. Just like that. Since I was off of my photo game last year it wasn't AS big of a deal but having those bright, fiery colors in the background of my photos really just makes me smile. It's all so beautiful!


Then you've got the start of football season. Now that I've transferred to a school that does not have a football team, all my focus will be centered on my Washington Redskins. and my fantasy football team. I'm a football nut. I always wanted to get into the game and once I was in eighth grade I finally set out to fully understand the game and become an avid fan. For about three years now I've been a serious football fan and I even won my fantasy league last year against eleven of my guy friends. So I've got a bit to live up to this season! Nothing better than spending every Saturday and Sunday watching collegiate and pro football.

Back to something more relevant to this blog! I LOVE scarves. I think they're the ultimate accessory and can make the most boring or sloppy outfit look chic and put together. Plus, they warm you up on those chilly evenings! Since the infinity scarf got popular I've been pulled even deeper into my scarf love and I'm not even sure why. They're just so cute! I don't know if I could ever say no to one. Just take a second to imagine.. Big knit scarf wrapped around your neck with some cute knit fingerless gloves around your hands that are holding your grande Starbucks hot chocolate with extra whip. Mmmm... heaven. Absolute heaven.


HAHA I found this the other day and had to laugh out loud at it. I consume so much pumpkin during the Fall season it is surprising that I haven't morphed into a pumpkin myself! My particular favorite is the pumpkin loaf from Starbucks (even though it's offered all year long) and ice, ice cold pumpkin pie. I love it when it's directly out of the fridge! Can't forget the cool whip on that. I came across a recipe on Pinterest a little while ago of these Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins that look so stupidly amazing I have to make them as soon as I can.

BOOTS! Short boots, tall boots, brown, black, with a heel or flat, lace-up or slide-on.. all boots rock. You know it. Everybody knows it. I just recently sold my Dr. Marten's so I desperately need to make my way to Target to pick up some cuter (and cheaper) ones. They have a ton of cute booties out right now! The sidekick to our dark wash skinny jeans, boots are the only acceptable footwear of this upcoming season. Period. (and they allow us to wear our crazy comfy neon fluffy socks! or is that just me?)

Photo by my crazy-talented friend, Maysa.
Fall is the ultimate time for concerts. After either a Summer off, an album release or a crazy trip on the Van's Warped Tour, bands always seem to create the most perfect Fall tours to get back into the swing of things. I am not even kidding I have four concerts in one week in October! I don't even know how I'm going to manage to do that seeing as they're all an hour and a half away from school. Oh well! But again, if you're an avid concert-goer like myself, you know that these next few months are always chocked full of great gigs.

Believe it or not.. I believe that's the most of it! Aside from the overall wonderful feeling, these are my main favorites about the Fall season.

As I said above I would love to hear about what you guys love about it, too! Hopefully it's beginning to cool down for you all as well but if it's not, take the next few weeks to soak up the remaining bits of warmth.

No comments:

Post a Comment