Thursday, March 16, 2017

LIPSTICK PARADE: FAVORITE PINKS


(L to R: Rimmel London Moisture Renew lipstick in 'Rebel Pink', Colourpop '1st Base', MAC ‘’, Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid lipstick in '', NYX Matte Lip Cream in ‘’)

          Rimmel's Moisture Renew lipstick in 'Rebel Pink' was one of the first lipsticks I bought back in high school and it has remained the color I strive for in all of the formulations of lip products that have come out since. It is the perfect pretty pink on my skin and the Moisture Renew line is so comfortable on the lips.

          I bought Colourpop's 'First Base' in an attempt to find a liquid lipstick close in color to Rimmel's 'Rebel Pink'. It's a pretty pink but not quite the same... at all. But I do really love it for when I want a bubblegum look on the lips.

          MAC's 'Please Me' is my usual go-to pinky nude color and it flatters my skin very well. It's not so much a bright pink... more of a muted shade. That softened nature allows it to work with almost every color palette be it warm or cool. MAC's matte lipsticks are very matte and stay put so I love to wear this lipstick out when I don't want to be reapplying.

          Now... this is a pink lipstick post. Not a matte lipstick post. Maybelline's ColorSensational Vivid Matte Liquid lipsticks are not matte. At all. HOWEVER, 'Pink Charge' is a very very pretty hot pink. This product does not dry down at all and is not very practical without reapplications but the hot pink wears nicer because it's not a caked-on matte formula. It sort of melts into the lips and doesn't steal the show.

          Lastly, my #1 BAE is NYX's Soft Matte Lip Cream in 'Addis Ababa', a fun magenta that has been a staple in my collection for yeeeeeears. The SMLC formula was my matte bff before the matte trend took off and they're still holding their ground today.

Pinks are my FAVORITE lip shades and I would be very excited to hear your favorites!!
Hit me up in the comments or on my instagram (@beautymunson) to let me know yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment